These basic courses are designed as a process for you to become a part of God’s family, to mature in Christian character, and eventually to lead others through missions and various leadership positions in our church and in our community.
C.L.A.S.S. 101 - Discovering my membership. COHSS beliefs and your personal commitment to the ministry of this church.
C.L.A.S.S. 201 - Discovering my time, talent, and treasure. Learn about the concept of stewardship and giving.
C.L.A.S.S. 301 - Discovering my S.H.A.P.E. Spiritual gifts, Heart, Abilities, Personality, and Expectations.
C.L.A.S.S. 401 - Discovering my mission. Leading others to Christ by sharing through testimony.
Classes offered several times throughout the year as listed on this schedule.
To register or for more information contact email@example.com.
• Bible School - a variety of classes and workshops often offered immediately after morning worship. All are welcome. No prerequisites or requirements. Click Here to view the current schedule.
• Children's Ministry - offers a Bible-based education program through activities and lessons that teach the Word of God to children.
• Clerical Ministry - helps in the church office involving a diverse array of hands-on office help. Anything from copying, typing, putting class books together, stuffing bulletins, cutting flyers etc.
• Food Pantry - provides food on a weekly basis for anyone. No questions asked. The pantry is open every Sunday after worship and provides some of life’s basic needs. We also accept your generous donations to the food pantry.
• Hospitality Ministry - provides a structure by which congenial and Christ centered considerations, comforts and needs are met for members, congregants and the guests of COHSS. This ministry assists with facilitating special events for our church.
• Lay Ministry - participates in the worship service as Greeters, Ushers, Gospel Readers and also serves communion.
• Outreach Ministry - plans and schedules events in our community in order to fulfill God's command to go out and make disciples of all nations by Igniting the world for Christ...one life at a time!
• Prayer Ministry - "The Circle-A Time of Prayer" meets twice weekly lifting up focused corporate prayer. Our online prayer ministry can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Visitation Ministry - visits those who are hospitalized or homebound and shares the Word of God, offers prayer, and provides Communion.
• Weddings - Any couple wishing to unite as “one flesh” in a loving and eternal relationship is requested to seek pre-union counseling with our Pastor to grow in wisdom and knowledge of the commitment being made before God.
Opportunities to give of our time and talent in worship are celebrated through the Arts. .
• Praise Team/Band - vocalists and musicians who lead congregational singing as well as provide special music.
• Youth Band - vocal and instrumental instruction provided for youth including opportunities to play during worship.
• Sign Language Team - expresses God’s Word to the hearing impaired, while enhancing the worship service through the beauty and grace of sign language interpreting both spoken word as well as music and song.
• Flag Team - uses music and movement to honor God in a bright array of color and presentation.
• Tech Team - includes both sound and multimedia aspects of our worship to enhance mood, effect, and message.
• Art, Drama, and Dance - visual interpretations shared by those gifted in artistic expression, acting, and movement.
• Photograghy/Video - capturing the life of the congregation in pictures and video.
• Broadcast Media - broadcasting live or recording services, classes, and events on facebook, youtube, and other media.